Having a blog section on your website is a great way to add fresh content to your site as well as adding more ways for your site to be found. Quite often a lot of the blogs are lengthy and in turn, might be overlooked even though they may offer valuable information. Whether that information is about the business itself or the industry. Here are some ways to make sure you have a valuable blog.
- Quick Read: Most of the time if something is too long users will not bother reading. Draft your blog before posting to make sure the content is not too long but the message is getting received.
- Value: Make sure the topics of your blogs have meaning. Whether they are helpful “how to” blogs, FAQ’s, industry news blogs, or business updates. If they have value to the user, the user will take the time to read over the blog.
- Personality: Add some personal flair to the way you write the blog. It is a great way to connect with the user and it lets them know that there are people behind the logo. In addition, it helps liven the blog so that it does not come off as boring.
- Visuals: It’s hard to argue that people love to look at things other than just words on a screen. Visuals not only change up the feel of a blog but they can also help show what you want to get across easier. You can add infographics to help explain your content or a picture about what you are addressing in the blog. This can simplify the blog even more and make it more appealing to a reader.
- Links: Using internal links is a great way to optimize your blog. It is a way for a new reader to navigate your website and learn more about your business. In addition, it is a great SEO tactic that not only optimizes your blog but helps optimize your website overall by ranking better with Google.