Similar to YouTube, Vimeo is an online video platform that allows uploading of user generated video content. If you have great video content uploaded to Vimeo why not share it on your website? Here are the instructions on how to embed a video on your website from Vimeo.
- Open the video inside Vimeo you want to put on your website
- Hover your cursor over the video
- In the upper right of the video click the button that says “Share.” A new popout window will appear.
- At the bottom of the window, next to the word “Embed” click “Show Options”
- Choose the size of the video you want displayed on your site by setting a height and/or width
- Choose the color of the font you would like displayed
- Depending on how you want your video to appear you can choose to show: a Portrait, Title and/or Byline. I recommend showing only the Title for aesthetic purposes.
- In the column on the right called “Special Stuff” you can choose even more options. I do not recommend choosing any of these options, especially “Autoplay” and “Loop”
- Once you have selected all your options, copy the entire embed code and paste it to your website where you would like the video displayed.