In today’s business world it’s beneficial to know the importance of SEO and how it helps your Google rankings. These rankings are important to the success of businesses in the digital age. The higher your ranking is, the more likely potential customers are going to check out your site. Here are some SEO tips for the novice:
- Your content should be something your web-viewers would be able to read and still use years from now. The more organic your content is, the better your chances are for Google giving you a higher ranking. This will get you backlinks for years to come.
- Constantly update your online profile. Take time to go to your online profiles on the different sites your business is on. Make sure your information is up to date and accurate; this is something that factors into Google’s algorithm.
- You should put yourself in your customers’ shoes. Think of what they would type on a search engine to access your business. Realize that some keywords are very competitive, so it’s hard to get high rankings for those. So think a little outside the box for keywords with less competition. Use the free Google Keyword Tool to see what the competition for these words/phrases is like.
- A SEO (Search Engine Optimization) company can really help you strengthen your ranking. They are up to date on Google’s algorithms and the right listing and social bookmarking sites to have your business on.
- Links are tools to use. Google sees these as valuable parts to your web presence. Specifically from sites that are relevant to yours, look to join industry associations and write posts on blogs with links back to your site. Also as stated before in about your online profile make sure your website is listed.
- Start to put videos up of your business. By posting videos on your business you can give you’re customers a feel of what exactly your company does. This is something that can be placed on multiple platforms from a single one.
If you are interested in more SEO techniques or would like to hire us to manage your reputation online contact us at: email@example.com or call 857.526.0096.
Boston Web Marketing | 1 McKinley Square Suite 7, | Boston, MA 02109 | www.getfoundquick.com