The bounce rate of your website can be found on your Google Analytics account, your bounce rate refers to the percentage of visitors that leave your website after viewing only one page on your site. The average bounce rate is between 41-55% while an excellent bounce rate is 26-40%. If you notice your bounce rate is 70% or higher, this could be a clear sig that something is not right. Here are a couple reasons on why you might encounter a high bounce rate on your website.
- If you have landing pages that are slow-to-load and it takes longer than a few seconds to load, online users may be impatient and leave.
- It’s possible that you could have a high bounce rate because your page is blank or has a 404 error. To check for other errors on your website, you can look in Search Console under Crawl Errors to look into the issue.
- You may have a high bounce rate because visitors may just notice that the content is bad on your website. Take the time to create organic content for your website that will be easy for user’s to read.
- When adding page titles & meta descriptions, it’s important to make sure that they match up with the content to that specific landing page. If a visitor comes to your website expecting one thing, and realizing it’s not what they want. they will bounce back to wherever they came.
- There is a chance that you have a high bounce rate because of a bad google analytics setup or multiple analytics codes entered in the back of your website. To see if you have multiple analytics codes, just go to your website, view page source, and see how many Google codes are there.