If you’re finding you’re not ranking as you should in your local Google searches, we’ve provided a few examples of what the issue could be.
- When it comes to optimizing your website, you want quality keywords and a good amount of them, not a big amount of keywords. If you find yourself adding too many keywords, it’s guaranteed that you’ll be penalized by Google. If you don’t have enough then you are ignoring one of the easiest techniques to increase your organic traffic. The following are locations where your target keywords should appear:
- Page title
- Header Tags
- Meta descriptions
- If Google isn’t crawling your website as frequently as it should, your rankings will begin to decrease. If you’re not giving Google a reason to, it may not crawl your website for some time. To lure spider bots to crawl your website, here are a few tips:
- Ensure that your sitemap is error-free and updated.
- To prevent penalties and less frequent crawling, make sure your website is loading at a normal speed.
- Make sure your onsite blog is being updated frequently.
- In Search Console’s Crawl menu, enter the URL of your pages, and ask Google to crawl your website.
- Increase quality, inbound links.
- Every time there is a Panda update, websites lose a significant amount of organic traffic. Whether it’s duplicate or poorly written, Panda updates will affect the whole website. If you find your traffic is decreasing when a Panda update has been publicized, that update could be your culprit. To prevent this, rewrite or remove any poorly written content.
- If your website is full of abnormal or “spammy” links, it will be penalized by the Penguin algorithm. Too many links from identical sources will attract Penguin and result in penalties. If you’ve been hit by Penguin, clean up your link and work towards a more natural link build on your website.
- If your website isn’t mobile friendly, consider yourself not friendly with Google. Having a mobile friendly website is about the user experience and making sure it’s a good one. If your website isn’t mobile friendly, consider a responsive design to increase the user experience on a mobile phone.
If you find yourself not ranking as you should be, contact Boston Web Marketing for a free SEO analysis of your website. Get in touch with us by calling 857-526-0096 or by filling out our contact form.