EAT stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. The concept is derived from Google’s Search Quality Rater guidelines, which became widely known after the infamous Medic Update in August 2018. As part of its evaluation process, Google uses EAT to assess the overall quality of a web page. Are you looking to learn more about this? Continue reading this blog post to discover the answers to your questions.
The General Basis
EAT is essentially a method Google uses to ensure accurate, truthful, useful information to searchers. Google considers the expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness of several aspects: the individual creator of page content, the content itself, and the website’s entirety. Utilizing these aspects, one specific category of EAT that is most valuable to Google is YMYL. This acronym stands for “Your Money or Your Life”. Google uses YMYL as a guiding principle for identifying the pages that impact the following: news and current events, law and government, finance, shopping, & health and safety.
EAT And The Effect On Ranking
EAT isn’t directly tied to Google ranking in the sense of measurable metrics. In fact, it evaluates other quantifiable aspects of authors, web pages, websites, and brands. EAT identifies credibility, which allows you to determine whether or not a website and its pages provide users with real value.
How To Optimize EAT
Below are a few of the following steps you can take to optimize your website with EAT principles in mind.
Build The Right Backlinks With Off-Page SEO
- A quality SEO strategy relies on backlinks from high-authority, relevant domains. This is one of the most reliable methods of demonstrating your authority in your field.
Increase Mentions From Trusted Sources
- Google views your brand/name as a more trustworthy authority the more your name appears in authoritative sources around the internet.
Keep Content Authentic And Up-To-Date
- Make sure all your content is up to date with the latest information. It is especially crucial if you have pages with time-sensitive information.
Gain Positive Reviews
- You are trustworthy in the eyes of consumers if your company has a large number of positive reviews across numerous review sites.
- You can increase the EAT of your site by working with professionals who have real-world experience and credentials to support their knowledge, such as the experts here at Boston Web Marketing.
Contact Us To Get Started
If you’re interested in learning more about EAT and how it can affect your SEO, Boston Web Marketing is here to help. Our experts will help you create a plan to increase your page optimization. To contact us, give us a call at (857) 526-0096 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you soon.