To achieve higher rankings on search engines such as Google it is important to have a successful search engine optimization strategy. A way to develop a successful SEO strategy is to utilize both on-page and off-page SEO strategies. Google algorithms will notice when a website uses both on-page and off-page SEO and reward websites for it.
What is On-Page SEO?
On-page SEO refers to optimizing or changing different aspects of your website. Utilizing on-page SEO strategies will help a website rank higher on a search engine results page (SERP). There are many places on a website that can be optimized for SEO purposes, here are some of them:
- Title Tags- This is the title that refers to a page on your website that users will see on a SERP. Titles should be limited to 60 characters and incorporate a keyword.
- Keywords- These are words that are frequently searched for by users. Integrating these words into content on a website is a great on-page SEO strategy.
- Alt Text- Adding a short description using keywords to describe what an image is showing. This will allow crawlers to understand the image on the page.
- Internal Linking- Adding relevant links within the content to other pages on the website. This is a great way to keep users on your website for longer and to improve SEO
What is Off-Page SEO?
Off-page SEO refers to anything done outside of a website that brings either credibility or traffic to a website. From an SEO perspective having more backlinks to a website shows that the website is credible. This will ultimately lead to the pages of the website ranking higher.
- Local Listings- The more credible backlinks that a website has will show Google that the website is also credible and useful to users. This will ultimately help the website’s ranking. A great place to have your website’s link is on local listing websites.
- Social Media- Social media is a great way to keep customers in the loop but it is also a great way to share links to your website. Posting service pages or blog post links on your social media can cause more people to visit your website.
- Email Marketing- Sending email blasts with links to certain pages on your website is also a great form of off-page SEO.
DoYou Have More Questions about On-Page and Off-Page SEO?
If you have more questions about on-page and off-page SEO or how to develop a successful SEO strategy, contact our team at Boston Web Marketing to learn about how investing in search engine optimization is essential to any business in this day and age. Our dedicated team of SEO specialists would be happy to help you get your business to its best online presence and potential. Give us a call at (857) 526-0096 or fill out our contact form.