If you don’t know about Negative SEO than this post is for you. Negative SEO is real and can quite possibly damage your website through malicious tactics that can essentially affect your site’s revenue and business. This is a post that will help better understand what negative SEO is and how you can protect your business from becoming a victim. If you are serious about building your brand then this is what you will need to avoid.
What is Negative SEO?
Negative SEO refers to the practice of using black hat and deliberate techniques to jeopardize a competitor’s ranking in search engines. Negative SEO comes in different forms:
- Hacking your website
- Building and directing spam links to your website
- Copying your content and distributing it all over the internet
- Using misleading links to point towards your website
- Removing your best backlinks your website currently has
What can I do to prevent Negative SEO?
- Set up Google Webmaster Tools alert. By setting up email notification, this will help keep your Google Webmaster Tools information in tack as you defend yourself against SEO bullies.
Go to Webmaster Tools > Preferences, and turn on notifications for all issues.
- Monitor You Backlinks. This is a difficult part to defend as you may need to invest more time and possible money to protect your website. If you are indeed serious in monitoring backlinks, check out services Ahrefs, Open Explorer, Link Research Tools, or Google Webmaster Tools.
- Remove or Disavow Suspicious Backlinks. You are investing your time in monitoring your backlinks not to understand what it is but so that you can do something about it. We highly recommend reacting as soon as possible rather than leaving it too late as the more spammy backlinks build up on your site, the higher risk your site will be penalized. A little tip, you can report the spammy backlink to Google by using Spam Report Form. It’s a little-known feature of Google. It’s worth a shot.
We want to alert you that Negative SEO is real and unfortunately people are doing it. Protecting yourself can only do so much, don’t try to fight this alone, look for professionals who knows how to handle this and get you back on the right track. If you are looking for SEO experts then you have come to the right place contact us at (857) 526-0096.