While New Year’s resolutions are typically about personal goals, they can also be about your professional and business goals. With 2017 just beginning, now is the perfect time to evaluate your SEO strategy for the year and look for ways to improve it. Here are some suggestions, from Boston Web Marketing, as you begin making changes to boost your online presence.
When it comes to generating content, you want to ensure that it’s not only relevant to your target audience, but that is adds value. Quality content is about being related to your industry and useful to your audience.
Add Value to Content by:
- Find popular topics among your current content
- Identify your audience and predict the questions they’ll ask and you’ll need to provide answers to
- Don’t be afraid to think outside the box when it comes to content, granted that it’s still relevant to your audience and industry
Simplify the Browsing Experience
Because user experience is so important to SEO, we have a few tweaks you can make:
- In Google Webmasters, fix any broken links with a 301 redirect to reduce website page errors.
- When you write content, it should appeal to not only users, but search engines as well.
- Website navigation should be easy enough that users can navigate the website without any issues.
- Test your website speed from time to time. If your website takes too long to load, there’s risk of users leaving.
Invest in Your Content
Optimizing your content is important for search engines, but what good will it do if your content isn’t appealing to your target audience? Use tools like Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools to observe the engagement on specific topics, certain keywords and your website data. It can be beneficial to think like the user when it comes to new content and ideas.
This is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to boosting your online presence this year. Boston Web Marketing is happy to provide you with a proposal to ensure you have the right SEO strategy this year!