Twitter Cards is the latest update Twitter has made; these cards make your tweets and Twitter page more organized and professional looking. You can link these cards to any form of content, page, or blog on your personal site.
This is a very useful marketing tool, as you can target specific services and products with each tweet!
Here are three quick and easy steps to add these Twitter Cards to your website:
- Choose from the six card options you want to implement
- Add the meta tags to your page
- Run your URLS against the validator tool to be approved
There are six different cards for you to choose from for each tweet you want to launch:
- Summary Card: Default card, including a title, description, thumbnail, and Twitter account attribution.
- Large Image Summary Card: Similar to a summary card, but offers the ability to promptly feature an image.
- Photo Card: A Tweet size photo card
- Gallery Card: A Tweet card geared toward highlighting a collection of photos
- App Card: A Tweet card for providing a profile of an application
- Product Card: A Tweet card to better represent product content.
These cards are a great addition to your social media strategy, as well as an effective marketing tool.