Google is forever changing how businesses can improve their search visibility. While many of their practices are still relevant, we’ve got a list of recent changes that we have been focusing on.
- RankBrain is a machine-learning AI system that manages unique questions that haven’t been asked. Earlier this week, we wrote a blog on optimizing your website for this Google ranking factor. Website managers should create content that will answer these unique questions that are being asked by your business’ audience.
- To ensure your local SEO is optimized properly for your business, you need to ensure that your Google My Business page is optimized. The following are some pieces that you can focus us:
- Add a long business description
- Pick out the correct business categories
- Include business hours
- Add photos of your business or services
- Update regularly
- Correct business phone number and address
- Customer reviews
- Since 2008, we have seen a huge increase in Google Voice Search. This option’s popularity is growing due to the fact that it is much faster than typing. A faster approach means access to your results faster! To optimize for Google Voice Search, your website should include content for direct questions.
- If you have properly optimized your website and are still looking for help, paid ads are another route to take on. Your website will still need relevant landing pages and content even though you are paying for these ads.
- We’ve talked about the effects of mobilegeddon before, but if your website still isn’t mobile friendly, contact us for a responsive or mobile friendly website design!