Think Your Business Doesn’t Need SEO? Think Again.

A photograph of a neon sign reading, "open".

Think Your Business Doesn’t Need SEO? Think Again.

When it comes to casting a wide online visibility net for your business, SEO is the way to go. Everyone is on the web these days, even your grandparents, so it’s beneficial for your business’ livelihood to rank well in online search results. But, the benefits of SEO run deeper than just appearing front and center online. If you want to elevate your brand to the next level, check out a few of the advantages your business gains when you opt for SEO services.

SEO Lends Credibility

Part of what helps your website rank well online is having a site that is user-friendly and easy to navigate. One of the goals of any good SEO effort is to establish a solid base, which includes an eye-catching website that isn’t a mystery to use. There’s a lot more to SEO than just utilizing keywords too, as it also helps you build authority on the web. Authority is earned by garnering quality backlinks, keeping customers loyal and engaged, and also consistently optimizing content and other page elements. By gaining authority, you’re showing both new and loyal customers that they chose the right company to fulfill their specific needs. However, like most everything pertaining to SEO, gaining credibility doesn’t happen in a snap. It’s built up over time and takes patience and commitment to get consumers to trust your brand.

Organic Search is King

A majority of the search traffic seen online is organic search. When tracking activity on your clients’ site, you’ll likely see a majority of their sessions are the result of organic search. It’s a critical aspect of website performance and plays a huge role in getting users to engage with your brand and convert. While Google dominates by owning roughly 75 percent of the search market, the other 25 percent belongs to the likes of Bing, Yahoo, and many others. Keeping up with Google’s ever-changing algorithms is key to staying on top of organic search while applying white hat SEO techniques everywhere else.

Local SEO Can Make a Huge Difference

A few years ago, it was sometimes more than a little frustrating to navigate a website on your mobile device that was meant to be viewed on a desktop computer. After zooming in, scrolling, and moving the window around a bit, you could usually get to where you were going. These days, however, mobile reigns supreme, which has made local search a primary aspect of SEO for smaller businesses. Local SEO optimizes for a particular area so people within that area can locate your business and potentially convert. This is done by focusing on select regions to establish your brand’s voice in and then optimizing for maximum impact, specifically for local citations and relevant backlinks. Local SEO also calls for optimizing your Knowledge Graph panel, your social media profiles, and your Google My Business listing.

SEO is so much more than just appearing in search results. It’s a full-fledged marketing approach focused on driving brand awareness, loyalty, and conversions. If you’ve been on the fence about investing time into SEO services, take the leap! Your business and overall brand identity can only benefit from good SEO practices.

Scott Freeman
No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.