After launching a site there are a few things you need to make sure of right away.
(Click on the links within each step to find out more)
- Make sure your old URL’s redirect to your new website. If they do not, conduct 301 redirects.
- Download the “All in One SEO Pack” plugin and make sure all the meta titles and meta descriptions are fully optimizes and filled out.
- Make sure your site is being read by search engines (uncheck “no-index” and “no-follow”)
- Make sure all pictures are hosted in the proper data base and not pulling from the test server the site was built in.
- Link up all buttons properly, especially external buttons such as social media buttons.
- If your site is built in WordPress, make sure to delete the “Hello World” blog post that WordPress automatically generates.
- Install a site map at http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
- Install Google Analytics and Google Webmasters Tools
Once you’ve done all of these steps, your site should be on its way to being properly read, indexed, and ranked by Google. Now, start blogging regularly, building out service area pages, adding your URL to listing sites and other reputable sites, and linking up your Google+ account to your Google maps location. You’re well on your way to good SEO.