Google My Business plays a major role in a business’s ranking factor for local and regional search results, and GMB Posts can help play an even bigger role! A Google My Business profile will help increase businesses’ digital presence and increase exposure regarding clients looking for their products or services. While many business owners have a completed profile with information such as hours, location, product or service list, and while that may constitute a complete GMB profile; there is so much more to GMB than a business owner may be aware of! Interested in optimizing your GMB account? Click Here!
Similar to continually creating new content for your website and social media accounts, your Google My Business profile is also a great location to share new & fresh content as well. This can include posts about product promotions, deals, sales, links to your blog and information about any seasonal services you provide. Read on to learn more about this feature and how it can greatly increase the digital exposure of your company!
What are Google Posts?
Google Posts is similar to Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram in the sense that you can share updates directly to your Google My Business listing, which will appear under your URL or on the Knowledge Panel in search results when someone is searching for a similar product or service. With 1,500 allotted characters, you can add important information to your listing, publishing critical information directly to Google. You can include an image as well as an individualized call to actions to your site which can encourage users to call directly, book an appointment online, order, sign up or learn more about your services. Each post stays live on your listing for seven days.
3 Benefits of Using Google Posts
Google Posts have several benefits to a business, especially those looking to increase their organic presence as more of the page is taken up by paid advertising.
1) Draw More Attention To Your Listing:
- Your GMB listing can be one of your top-ranking factors. GMB is quickly becoming the largest local ranking factor in the last several years. Additional content on your listing, especially content that is consistently updated and kept fresh, can help improve your listing’s findability in search results
2)Increase Engagement, Purchases & Conversions Across Your Site:
- Are you an e-commerce business looking to increase purchases of some of your higher-end products? Looking to increase your mailing list? Adding links to these posts can help increase actions taken on your website. The posts can be tailored to specific audiences depending on the day or week, altering the types of actions you are looking for from your customer or potential client base
3)Further Signal-Boosting for Your Content:
- If you don’t promote your web content once it’s been published online, your customer base may have problems finding it. The internet is filled with pages and pages of information on any number of topics, and make sure you seem like the voice of authority in your local field will make interested customers more likely to choose your company to do business with. Google Posts are quick & easy to update and can make a significant impact on your organic traffic and conversion rates by putting your content directly in front of users on Google.
Overview Of Benefits That Google My Business Posts Can Provide Business Owners
- List Change in-Store Hours, Special Hours & Closures, Service Areas, Address, Phone Number, Website URL
- Post Call to actions such as coupons, exclusive deals, or highlight an upcoming event
- Post & Receive customer reviews directly from Google
Boston Web Marketing: SEO and Marketing Professionals
Boston Web Marketing can work alongside your internal team of Marketing professionals when it comes to optimizing your business and getting your website back in front of the eyes of those you are trying to reach. Need a site consultation? If you are interested in growing your business online, give Boston Web Marketing a call today at 857-526-0096!