While trying to optimize your website, there are so many tasks to complete on several platforms that the technical side of things can fall by the wayside. Use our guide to stay organized while optimizing your website and be sure you complete these tasks sooner rather than later.
- Optimize your URLs so they are clear, concise, and relevant to the content on the page.
- Add internal links wherever possible to make it easier for users to navigate your website and to improve your SEO performance.
- Be sure you have an updated sitemap and robots files so search engines can read your website with ease.
- Check for broken links and set up redirects where necessary.
- Run your website through a duplicate content checker to identify where your content overlaps and replace it with unique, keyword-rich content.
- Check your page titles and meta descriptions for each page on your website. Be sure that they are within the character limits, relevant to the page’s content, and have keywords in them.
- If it hasn’t already been done, install Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools to offer insight into activity on your website and also where your website can improve.
- Check your h tag hierarchy on both pages and posts on your website. Be sure they are in order from h1-h6 and get keywords into the tags if possible.
- Add alt text to all the images on your site so they can be crawled quickly.
- Add schema markup to your pages to offer more information to users in search result pages.
Get Help Optimizing Your Website
Need help getting the backend of your website in order? Over the years, Boston Web Marketing has perfected a range of SEO tactics to help our clients achieve better search results. Contact us today for a free estimate on optimizing your website!