In February of 2016, Snapchat announced On-Demand Geofilters, which allows anyone to create their own filter and publish it to the social media platform. These On-Demand Geofilters are open to the public, anyone can submit one for both personal or business events! Creating a SnapChat Geofilter can give small businesses an advantage over their competitors since it hasn’t become too popular yet.
When creating a Snapchat Geofilter:
- You need to have the necessary rights to add any business names, marks, logos, or trademarks in a Geofilter
- Any Geofilter for a business must include that actual name of the business
- Snapchat may display your business name to inform users that your business sponsored the Geofilter
- No photographs of people
- No hashtags
- No personal information like phone numbers, emails, URLs, or social media usernames
- Try not to cover up the screen too much
When you upload your filter to Snapchat, you need to select a day and time that you would like your filter to display. When selecting your geofence, your on-demand filter must be between 20 thousand and 5 million square feet. Depending on the size of your geofence and the time period you select, pricing usually begins at $5. There is a review process for all on-demand Snapchat filters, so you should submit them at least 3-4 days before you’d like to use them. After you submit your filter, you can make last minute changes as long as it’ still in the review process. With your On-Deman Snapchat Filter, it’s important to be creative and unique to attract snapchatters to use it!