As all experienced webmasters know, Google are releasing Panda and Penguin updates regularly. With this, they know to clean up their content, and linking practices. For those who are just getting started on the worldwide web, here are some tips to recover from Panda and Penguin updates, and to avoid being penalized in the future.
Firstly, having diversity is good in all aspects of our society, especially in SEO practices. There are plenty of other search engines out there besides the fan-favorite, Google. Make your website SEO friendly to a number of search engines. People, who are using a variety of search engines to gain traffic, are not hit nearly as hard by Panda or Penguin. Also, don’t just rely on one page or topic on your site to gain all the traffic. While one page or topic on your site is gaining traffic, use the time you have to fix up the other pages. Use that hit page as an example to spruce up your other pages: make sure to update information and use interesting facts. White Hat SEO is the only way to gain more traffic and to survive the Panda and Penguin updates.
- Review your website and alter any practice that might be getting you flagged by Google: stop spamming, stop using unoriginal content, and stop link farming!
- Look forward at new trends and topics, and jump on that wagon. For example, Pinterest has become a popular social media site. Put your pictures up, show people what you offer, and create more traffic to your site using backlinks.
- Always keep your users and clients in mind. You want them to have a positive experience while looking at your site. For this to happen, you need to fill your page with rich, original content, and update your page with new fresh ideas. This is like killing two birds with one stone; you don’t have to worry about Panda penalizing you for unoriginal content, and you gain more traffic to your site.
- Don’t forget about your Webmaster Tools! Site maps and analytics will help you see how and why people are on your site. Once you figure out how people are arriving on your site, you know how to keep them there!
- As mentioned earlier, Social Media is important too! Search engine algorithms crawl large Social Media sites and consider them highly important.
To combat these relentless algorithm updates, webmasters need to plan ahead, because Panda and Penguin are on the prowl. If you apply White Hat SEO practices to your website, Panda and Penguin are powerless. To those who have used Black Hat SEO practices, hopefully you use some of these tips to redeem yourself, but most importantly, hopefully you learned your lesson: Do not underestimate the ever so powerful Panda and Penguin updates.
If you are interested in more SEO techniques or would like to hire us to manage your reputation online contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 857.526.0096.
Boston Web Marketing | 108 Union Wharf Boston | MA 02109 | www.getfoundquick.com