Over the past few months, Google has been changing the way that its search results are being generated, and in this process, driving SEO-ers nuts. Google has been calling these updates “Panda”. Most recently, Google released Panda update 3.2 on January 18th, 2012 and they are considering it a fairly minor update.
Google is calling this update a data refresh from the earlier Panda updates and they stated that no additional signals or algorithms have been changed.Google says “”We’re continuing to iterate on our Panda algorithm as part of our commitment to returning high-quality sites to Google users. This most recent update is one of the over 500 changes we make to our ranking algorithms each year.” Since this new update, many webmaster have been complaining that their search results have begun to drop without reasoning. On the other hand, many sites that were initially hit by the Panda update last year, are now gaining their search result ranks back to pre-Panda levels.
Many business owners are very frustrated with this news because they feel that the initial Panda update has undeservingly penalized their company site for this few months span that their rankings drops, therefore losing out on a lot of money and business.
Many webmasters, SEO specialists and business owners have been thrown off by all of these Google updates and the constant changing of their Google rank. The one thing you must remember moving forward is that Google is looking for High-Quality content. Sites that are repetitive or basic will be penalized in Google search results. Also, allow time for the new update and page rankings to settle before making any drastic changes.
This is the Panda update schedule as confirmed by Google:
- Panda Update 1.0: Feb. 24, 2011
- Panda Update 2.0: April 11, 2011 (about 7 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.1: May 10, 2011 (about 4 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.2: June 16, 2011 (about 5 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.3: July 23, 2011 (about 5 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.4: August 12, 2011 (about 3 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.5: September 28, 2011 (about 7 week gap)
- Panda Update 3.0 : ~October 19, 2011 (about 3 week gap)
- Panda Update 3.1 : November 18, 2011 (about 3 week gap)
- Panda Update 3.2 : ~January 18, 2012 (about 2 month gap)
If you are interested in more SEO techniques or would like to hire us to manage your reputation online contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 857.526.0096.
Boston Web Marketing | 108 Union Wharf Boston | MA 02109 | www.getfoundquick.com