To make Google My Business more effective for businesses with numerous locations, Google has officially released the Google My Business API. This release will help these larger businesses to handle their listings.
The following are what you can expect from the newly launched API:
- Manage managers on business accounts and locations. This includes inviting and removing them.
- Add and organize special hours.
- Add and organize your business photos.
- Business page owners have the option to mark a location as permanently closed.
- Generate various locations with business information. Information can include, business name, address, phone number, etc.
- Search through locations by their name, label or category.
- Using place ids or identifying a radius or location point to set the business’ service area.
To ensure the different locations are being shown in Maps and Search, make sure that each location is verified. For more information on the new Google My Business API, check out Google Developers guide!