Facebook has recently release several new features to make it easier for business owners with pages to communicate with their audience. Facebook has over 50 million active business pages through their site and these owners are using Facebook to interact with their customers. Users are mainly accessing Facebook through their mobile devices, so these new tools will help owners be quicker and more efficient on their pages. Here are some of the new features:
- Response Time: Facebook will allow owners to control when they wish to respond to customer’s messages with options like “within minutes” or “within a day”.
- Away Setting: If the admin of the Facebook page is not available to respond to messages right away they can set up an away reply to the customer for times such has evenings and holidays.
- Away Message & Replies: Similar to e-mail auto responses, admins can create a new away message status and/or instant replies to make viewers aware if the page is unavailable.
- Tracking of Comments: A new tool under the Activity tab will help admins with interactions for follow ups, replies, and helping them keep better track of comments on their page.
- Redesign of Inbox: This new inbox will make it easier for owners to get more information about the users they are interacting with. Owners of the page can being to add notes and categorize their conversations for organization and tracking purposes.
These new communication features are beginning to make an appearance on Facebook in the upcoming months. Facebook has become one of businesses main source for generating more online traffic and hopefully these new additional tools will continue to help business page owners.