When it comes to blogging, there is always an opportunity to increase your search engine rankings. Since Google and its algorithms are always changing, your plan from last year might not necessarily work this year. Some former strategies may get you penalized and some that didn’t seem worth your time, may now be important.
If you’re looking to create a solid web presence then you’ll need to adjust to the ever-changing algorithms of Google. You may not realize it, but the changes are occurring. As you change your content to adjust to these algorithms, you’ll produce organic traffic and bring in more users. For generating traffic, popular platforms include social media, email marketing, SEO and blogging. We suggest that you incorporate these platforms with one another.
Below, you’ll find tips to create solid sources of organic traffic to your blog:
- One of the most important parts of a business is ranking high in search engines. For this to happen, you need to put your website’s content out onto the internet. A great way to do this is to put your brand out there through your social media platforms (Facebook, Google+, Twitter etc.). Create a social media plan that you can stick to and share your blog posts through this. The more platforms you share on, the more information Google can gather. When sharing on social media, you want to ensure your content is useful and engaging for your fans.
- Typically, when we think of backlinks, we think the more the better. Because of Google’s algorithm, Penguin, the way we should be thinking is quality backlinks over quantity. Buying links to boost your Google rankings will result in a penalty. You want your backlinks to have a real and legitimate value.
- Back in April of 2015, websites around the world were affected by Mobilegeddon. If your website still isn’t optimized for mobile users, here are some points to focus on:
- Make sure that the layout of your menus, posts and pages are optimized for mobile users.
- Do your mobile and desktop users have different behaviors? Use Crazy Egg to see this and determine if you need to use a different plan of action for mobile users.
Since SEO and Google Algorithms are always changing, it’s important to stay up-to-date on these changes to increase your search engine rankings. Continue to create useful content and promote it on your social media platforms to build strong sources of organic traffic.