If you aren’t accustomed to using social media on a regular basis and don’t stay up to date with social media trends, hashtags can seem unneccsary but they hold a lot of power and can help you step up your social media game. It’s important to know when, how, and why to use hashtags across each social media platform in order to see results.
Why Should I Use Hashtags?
Hashtags are a way to find and follow discussions about numerous different topics as well as conntect your business to trending topics. Using hashtags also increases the chances of your business being discovered and intereacted with on social media.
How to Use Hashtags
Using hashtags is relatively easy, all you have to type in is the # symbol, followed by words and/or numbers. Although writing out the hashtags is easy, there are various strategies and nuances to truly get the most out of them.
- Pair your hashtags and images to boost views and promote engagement
- Group all of your hashtags at the end of your content to make them easier to read
- Use hashtags that compliment your content to keep content sharing relevant
- Set up a hashtag for your business for users to use when talking about your proucts/services – this will help connect you with users and help you easily find content
- Research your hashtags before using them – hashtags with little to no useage won’t be as beneficial than a widely used hashtag
- Keep hashtags short and to the point so they’re easier to read and remember
Hashtags on Twitter
Using hashtags on Twitter will help you categorize your content and increase engagement. Keep the amount of hashtags used in a post to a minimum (around 2) and related to your content to further increase engagement and follows. If you can’t figure out what hashtags to use in your posts, take a look at the Twitter trending topics to find highly used and trending hashtags.
Hashtags on Instagram
Opposite to Twitter, the more hashtags you use on Instagram, the merrier. Posts that use more than 10 hashtags in a post see more engagement. Using hashtags on Instagram will help you find like-minded accounts and find other hashtags to use.
Incoporating hashtags into your social media posts will help increase engagement, gain followers, and start a conversation with users as long as you utilize them correctly.