Having rich, original, and fresh content on your site is imperative if you want to have great search results; landing pages are a great addition to your site, when you use them correctly. Today we are going to discuss how to spark an interest in your audience that will lead to more conversions.
- Understand your Audience. Before you even begin your SEO campaign, it is important to first select a targeted audience, and then, after research, find out what interests them. Think about the demographics of your audience: age, job, sex. Then, show them how your product or service will make their life better, or easier. This will help you uncover some trends within your market. This will help you design a landing page that is both aesthetic to your targeted viewers, and informative.
- Setup Conversion Goals within Analytics. Having these goals will tell you whether or not your strategy is working. If conversions are way down, maybe it’s time to go back to the drawing board and rethink a new, more effective strategy. Without having measurable goals, you’re pretty much just taking a shot in the dark and hoping it will work; this is a waste of time, money and resources. The resources to help you are available to you, take full advantage of them!
- View your Landing Pages as if you’re a Customer. When you look at your landing page, what is your first impression? Then, conduct a search of a primary keyword and click on your top competitor’s landing page. The idea isn’t to copy them, but to compare your landing page with theirs; what are they doing differently? What is your first impression of their page? Maybe you find that your page is completely blowing theirs out of the water; or maybe their page is blowing your page out of the water. If the latter is the case, it’s time to revamp your page.
- Will Images help your Landing Page? Make sure the image(s) reinforce what the content of the page is saying, and have it relate to your targeted audience.
- Be sure to Incorporate Testimonials & Social Media. Social Media sites like Facebook and Twitter, as well as review sites like Yelp, are really starting to play a factor in today’s online marketing.
- Setup a Call to Action Option on your Pages. Having a call to action, whether it be a clickable phone number or a contact phone, will help you set goals. Analytics has an option where it can track the number of contact forms, or phone numbers your landing pages received in a giving month. Have a number in mind you would like to achieve each month, and if that number is down, maybe think about reworking your page.
These are just a view of the ways to increase the visibility of your landing page, and the ultimate success of it. Landing pages come in handy for both AdWords and Organic campaigns; here at Boston Web Marketing we will help you with both strategies.
For more information about our SEO and AdWords services, please give Boston Web Marketing a call at 857-526-0096.