You are ranking on the 1st page, but how do you make your site stand out from other competitors that are also ranking as well as you? We’ve come up with some helpful tips for you to follow.
- Unique Page Titles. Your page title should be unique and relevant to the topic of the page. Make sure to include your targeted keyword/phrases at the beginning of your title. If you have space, localize your page title. Google will never show more than 65 characters, so it’s essential to write a captivating page title that fully maximizes the space given.
- Search Engine Friendly URLs. A well crafted URL provides both humans and search engines an easy-to-understand indication of what the destination page will be about. The more helpful the URL is, the better ranking it will be in search results.
- Attractive Meta Description (with Call-to-Action). While a meta description does not help you rank, it is still an efficient way to gain user click-through from search engine result pages (SERP). Short paragraphs (within 160 characters) are webmasters opportunity to advertise content to searchers and let them know exactly what the page is about.
- Google Local. No matter how big or small the company is, claiming and filling the Google business listing profile correctly will allow Google to understand better about your business. Businesses with more citations from high-quality websites will rank higher.
- Google Reviews. Let’s be honest; we love to see stars (of course highly rated stars) when searching for something such as a product, service or recommendation. Make it part of your process to build your Google reviews up as it is a great way to increase your local search rankings.