How To Make Your Google Maps/Local Business Page Meet Quality Guidelines
Google announced that they have updated their quality guidelines for local business pages. You can find the all the information about the update here, but here are a few tips to make sure you’re doing the right things:
1) No more descriptors allowed in your listing
2) Two or more brands who share the same location must pick one name
3) Virtual offices are not allowed – they must be staffed with face-to-face customer interaction available
4) The category you select for your business should be the most specific possible (watch out for umbrella/over-arching categories)
5) Practitioner’s pages, in multi-location practices should use their name only and not the name of the practice for the listing
How these changes will be enforced is anybody’s guess right now, but it won’t hurt you to take a peek at your business listing after you’ve reviewed the new guidelines.