One of the most important tools to have on your website is a way for potential customers to get in touch with you. This could be social media icons, a phone number, or a contact form.
Contact forms are generally the preferred choice for customers if the service they need is not immediate. However, there are many different types of contact forms available depending on how your website is built or what your website is built with. One of the most reliable contact forms for web developers to use is Google Forms.
Creating a Google-Made Contact Form
- First, you’ll need a gmail-based email account. Once you have this, click on the 3×3 group of boxes in the upper right hand corner (next to your account picture). Scroll down and click “more” and choose “Forms”
- From here, you can choose to create a new for from a seemingly endless list of pre-made templates. There are job application forms, order forms, event feedback forms and more.
- For now, click the “Blank” form. You’ll be moved to a drag and drop page where you can choose which type of input field you want on your form.
- Be sure to name your new contact form and include a description (optional) such as a description of instructions of how you will get back to the customer.
- You can drag a drop input fields such as short answer, long answer, multiple choice, checkboxes, dropdown, date and time, among others. Edit each input field to your choosing and be sure to check off the “Mandatory” box if this is a field you’d like your customers to fill out.
- After adding the input fields, you can choose to add an image, such as a company logo, or video. Additional customization options can be found in the upper right hand corner of the screen by clicking the color pallet icon. Under the gear icon you can adjust the settings such as deciding whether or not you want Google Forms to collect email addresses or to have customers receive an email
- Once you’re done, click the “Send” button at the top. Here you can choose to send your newly created form via email, share a link, or embed the contact form on your site via i-frame.
Why Choose Google Forms
Google Forms is a great option for those who want to organize the email addresses that come in. All data and information can be easily exported to Google Sheets in order to help business owners and web developers stay organized. These lists can later be easily updated into an email marketing platform such as MailChimp or Constant Contact. The customization ability makes the forms eye-catching and improves the user experience — and there are already pre-designed skins to choose from. The best thing about Google Forms is that all emails land into your inbox as long as you have a gmail account, and you can add collaborators to view the form and it’s submissions.
Need someone to help build the form or manage your contacts for you? Contact Boston Web Marketing today for SEO services!