Joomla is not always the preferred platform to build a website with, as by comparison to something such as WordPress, it is a bit less user-friendly. However, if you do use Joomla, there are in fact many useful extensions that can enhance the overall appearance and functionality of your website. We all know how important it is to make your website one that Google finds appealing and of high quality, and Google Analytics remains a significant tool to use in order to track important traffic-related data and information.
Similar to installing a plug-in on WordPress, you are able in install Extensions on Joomla. One highly preferred add-on for Joomla is the Asynchronous Google Analytics Plugin. So, how do you get this onto your site?
1. Set up a new account on your Google Analytics so your Tracking ID is created and ready to be inputted.
2. Log into your Joomla site, click on the “Help” tab on your top menu and choose “Joomla Extensions” from the drop-down.
3. Search for Asynchronous Google Analytics, click on the result and download. Save the file to your computer.
4. Return to your Joomla site, click on “Extensions” on your top menu and choose “Extension Manager” from the drop-down.
5. Click the “browse” option on the screen, select your saved file and then upload and install.
Once the the installation is complete, go to the full list of Extensions for your site, find Asynchronous Google Analytics and confirm that it is enabled. Then you can simply insert your Tracking ID in the space provided, save and then confirm that the setup is complete in your Google Analytics account. The steps are straightforward and simple, and you can then utilize Google Analytics information to compare and contrast traffic data and alter your site in ways that can allow for higher visits and visibility.