One of the many great features in WordPress is plugins. Plugins are an add-on piece of code or application that allows you to do more with the WordPress System. Some great plugin examples include All in One SEO, Google XML Sitemaps and Simple Lightbox.
To install a Plugin:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard (most likely located at www.yoursite.com/wp-login.php)
- Hover over “Plugins” on the left side of the page and click “Add New”
- Type in the name (or type) of plugin you are looking for and click search
- Find the Plugin you want to install and click “Details” directly below the plugin name
- Check to see that the your version of WordPress is compatible with the plugin you selected
- If the plugin is compatible, click install now.
- Once the plugin is installed click Activate