Has your Facebook business page become a hindrance?
Nowadays every business should be online, and that includes having a Facebook business page. Creating a Facebook page for your business is like opening the flood gates to an ocean of potential online customers and clients. Sometimes, however, having a Facebook page for your business can be a nuisance. Here are a few reasons why you might want to delete your Facebook business page:
- Duplicates – You have duplicate pages for the same business, one of which is doing better than the other. This could mean that one page has poor reviews, a lot of spam, irrelevant or unrelated followers, et cetera. In this case you’d want to delete the under-performing page and negate losing any more traffic to your weaker Facebook business page, channeling all possible traffic to your strong Facebook business page instead, ultimately making better impressions on your visitors and followers.
- Name change / Business closed – Your business name changed, or your business simply closed altogether. You’ll want to delete your Facebook business page because the page is ineffectual or the business itself is downright nonexistent, saving searchers time and confusion. Of course, if you still need some personal incentive to do so, consider how annoying it might be to see your unused/closed business’s Facebook page show up under your personal Facebook account for the rest of time. In with the new, out with the old.
- New URL – In the case that your business name changed, or that you decided you wanted a better URL, you’ll need to get a new Facebook page, and it would be advisable to delete the old page – again, so as to not parse traffic between the two pages and get the most out of your current Facebook business page.
So, “how do I delete my Facebook business page”, you ask? Here’s how (it’s very simple):
- Go to your personal Facebook profile, click on the upper right-hand drop down arrow symbol that sits immediately adjacent to the “Home” link. Under the arrow’s drop down menu, select the Business page you wish to permanently shun.
- You should now be on your Facebook business’ page of which you wish to discard. Click on the “Edit Page” button link in the upper right-hand of the page.
- Select the “Manage Permissions” tab from the menu in the sidebar on the left.
- At the very bottom of the page, just above the “Save Changes” button, find “Delete page” and select the following link “Permanently delete [your business’ name here]”
- A box will pop up asking you if you want to “Delete Page Permanently”. After a long contemplation on the bench by the river, get back to your computer and delete that pesky old business page. A following pop-up will confirm your page has indeed been vanquished for evermore.