Landing pages are considered as an integral part in a company’s digital marketing strategy, getting visitors to convert and either buy your product or reach out to your business is one of the main ways to track the success of your SEO efforts. You’ve done all the hard work whether it was organically or through paid search to get customers to your page, now it’s time to get them to convert.
When writing landing pages, you want to keep something a lot of factors in mind. Make sure to keep it clear, concise, and provide a call to action that gives the customer exactly what they came to the page for. Want some tips on how you can create much better-converting landing pages? Keep on reading below!
Tips for creating better landing pages
1. Utilize Customer Testimonials
One of the easiest way to gain potential customers trust if for them to see testimonials from already pleased customers. If prospective customers know that you are actually delivering a great product or service and other people love it, they will be more enticed to purchase or use the service. The best part about testimonials is that you don’t even have to do any of the hard work! The customer can write these free content for you.
2. Showcase the Benefits of Your Product/Service
A lot of companies and businesses will try to push their product day in and day out (which is all fine and dandy) but they forget to emphasize the most crucial part, the benefits you provide to your customer! For the most part, when customers are searching for your business, they already know what product or solution they need. They are now looking for benefits of the solution compared to your competitors. Customers these days are a lot smarter and have access to more information at their fingertips, it’s no longer about providing a service, but providing helpful information.
3. Write an Eye-Catching Headline
For the most part, when customers land on your landing page, they are not meticulously combing through all of the copy on the page. They are most likely skimming through it and subconsciously trying to get the information they came to the page for. This is why a great headline that will capture the readers’ attention and basically decide whether or not this page is significant or not.
There are a number of things that customers will most definitely notice; the headline, subheadline, pictures, call to action buttons, and maybe the major section headings. For the most part, you will really want to fine-tune these portions of your landing page, the most important is having an appropriate headline.
Some tips for a great headline are:
• Make your headline large, strong, and clear.
• Use a compelling subheadline that pushes product/service benefits.
• Include high-quality photos that highlight the benefits of your products
• Use strong copy.
• Break your copy up into major sections, led by a headline with appropriate header tags (h2/h3 tags)
• Use bullet points to discuss the benefits of your product, the shorter the better.
• Use short paragraphs, rather than long blocks of text. Any paragraph over five lines long can be hard to digest and readers will lose interest.
• Use captions on your images.