If you are in marketing, you understand how important and effective infographics are. And if you are looking for some pointers on how to step up your infographic game, I have a few suggestions for you.
1. Identify a topic that your target audience will be interested in
A successful infographic topic will highlight the expertise of the company creating it while satisfying the interest of its audience. Topic ideas can be sourced from popular industry blog posts, common customer service/support questions, keyword research data, and internal data.
2. Choose the type of infographic to create
Static: Long scrolling format that’s optimized for viewing on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices, with an emphasis on education.
Motion: Use animation to tell stories and present information/data points.
Interactive: Use visuals to create narratives from large amounts of information and data.
3. Source the content and data points for the infographic
- Source content and data from reputable sources
- Reference all data to give credit to the original source of information
- Focus on utilizing data points and information that can be easily visualized
- Stay consistent to maintain a single focus throughout the infographic
4. Create a design that’s both effective and eye-appealing
Fonts: Use legible text that allows you to effectively deliver the message
Spacing: Use negative space to create breaks between information sections to avoid a cluttered and overlapping feel
Layout: Maintain a consistent style throughout the entire infographic to create an easy to follow, from start to finish
5. Establish a promotional strategy (both paid and organic)
Consider doing the following:
- Post on your blog and share across all social media outlets
- Perform an outreach campaign to target niche-relevant websites
- Guest post on niche-relevant blogs
- Use paid syndication to target your ideal audience and demographic