How to Change an Incorrect Google Places Business Address
If you move your physical business to a new location, you need to change your address on your Google Places page so that your local search results are not affected.
To do this, first make the edit on the Google Places page. You will get a message notifying you that the change is being processed and it may take up to three days to change. Unfortunately, we’ve found that these changes can take much longer than three days. If you try this edit and the change does not go through after one day, follow these steps:
- Scroll down to the bottom of your Places page. At the footer, click “Help”.
- Under “more”, click on “Help Center”.
- Then, in the top right of the screen, click on “Contact Us”.
- Indicate that you are a storefront.
- Click on “Page with incorrect information”.
- You will now be asked if you tried editing the page. Since you have already tried that edit and it did not work, click “Yes, I’ve followed these steps and still want to get in touch.”
- Fill out your name, phone, email address, and Places page URL. Then, indicate that your address has changed.
- Then, fill out the correct address information and submit the form.
- In about a day, you will receive an email from someone at Google Local Help.
- You may be asked to change the address from your computer again.
- After this, you may need to verify the address by phone, or at least will need to use a verified email address.
And there you have it. It may take a few days to go through this process, but it is better than waiting and hoping for the edit to go through.