After much thought and consideration, you’ve now decided to move forward with email marketing strategies to build connections with your current and potential customers, allowing you to market your brand over time. Now, what?
First things first, having a quality email distribution list is most important. Here are 6 ways to build an email-marketing list:
- Website exposure. You can add a link or plugin for current and potential website users to sign up for a chance to stay connected on future events, announcements and more.
- Social media. You can easily add a “Join My Mailing List” or “Subscribe to Our Newsletter” tab to your Facebook page. Certain email marketing platforms also allow you to share your newsletters on all of your social media networks, allowing your social community to subscribe all in one place!
- Blogging. If you are an active blogger, you can link your blog posts to emails and encourage your readers to learn more by subscribing to your future newsletters.
- In-store sign-up. Allow your customers to personal sign up while visiting your location. You can either have a sign-up sheet next to the register or offer a “Text to Join” feature so that mobile users can easily sign up.
- Network. It’s all about whom you know, right? If you have recently exchanged contact information with another vendor or business, ask them if they’d also like to be added to your email subscription.
- Word of mouth. Asking your current customers and employees to help grow your email list can never hurt! You can ask them to share a link to your sign-up form on social media or the website can help connect to someone who isn’t already subscribed.
Remember, it is never okay to send an email to someone without his or her permission. The user should also be able to opt-out at any time, no questions asked.