Why duplicate content is considered bad SEO practice?
Duplicate content occurs when content appears in more than one location on the internet. This can make it difficult for search engines to pick which version would be more relevant to a search query when given.
What effects do you get with duplicate content?
- Have trouble with page rank
- The possibility of your website being penalized and removed from listings for using duplicate content and may not be considered a reliable source of quality with content.
How to prevent duplicate content?
- Be consistent with your website – keep linking consistent.
- Use 301 Redirects if you have restructured your website.
- Minimize similar content
- Provide more unique content
- Use rel=canonical to define preferred version of content