While it seems that the newer marketing tools are getting all the attention, email marketing is still a great way for you to generate new business leads. While creating email campaigns, it is important that you use the best practices for lead generations.
- Use incentives in the subject line to increase open rate.When an incentive is included you can increase open rates by as much as 50%. Your subject line should also be no longer than 50 characters.
- Keep the main message and call to action (CTA) above the fold. Tip: repeat the CTA at least 3 times throughout the campaign.
- Never forget to include your logo. Readers instinctively look for logos when reading an email. If you include your logo at the bottom, then the reader has no idea who sent it. This can lead to a lot of spam complaints against your business.
- Use an automatic reminder for readers to remember that they have opted in to receive emails from your business. This can also include an opt-out option.
- All landing pages included in the email should match the look and feel of the website in terms of copy, content and headline.