In 30-second television or radio commercials, advertisers have limited character space to get their point across. Even with limited time to work with, advertisers use their creative abilities to make commercials that evoke human interest, inform viewers, and potentially gain customers.
The same concepts can be applied when it comes to writing copy for online advertisements for platforms such as Google and Facebook. With Google’s expanded text ads and Facebook ads, writing advertisement copy is a great way to drive more clicks to your site and gain potential leads.
Your ads can include more information about your brand and products, and include a call to action. Your ads can also engage more users by being more inclusive and drive more clicks to your site.
Here are a few things to consider when writing better copy for advertisements.
- Create a sense of urgency – Fear of missing out on great deals can drive users to click on our site. When they know that time is limited and prices are discounted, they are more inclined to visit your site and check out deals. Use phrases such as “3 Days Left,” “Limited Time Only,” or “Now” creates a sense of urgency that compels users to click.
- Use call to action – Along with creating a sense of urgency, give your customers a reason to visit your site or social media, or contact your business as soon as they see your ad. Leave space to provide contact information such as your business phone number.
- Use simple language – Take advantage of your character limits and communicate more about what you’re trying to promote and how it relates to the user. Use simple but important keywords that users may search for but also include the main message you want to present.
- Drive emotional response – The most important aspect of writing your ad is writing for the user. Engage the user by including the word “you” to make the ad more personalized. Include information about how the product can be beneficial to the user. This can help the user feel connected and become more interested in what is being presented to them.
- Be creative – Create an engaging advertisement that doesn’t just try to get people to visit your site, but create an ad that’s memorable and make users want to see what your product is about.