If you have ever asked a question on Google, you may have noticed Google’s featured snippet spot in search results. If you’re a business owner or a marketing professional, you may be wondering how exactly your website can get featured in such a prominent spot on such a largely used search engine. Continue reading to learn about Google’s featured snippet position and how articles are chosen for this elite position. Boston Web Marketing can help you achieve your marketing goals by creating a customized marketing plan for your business – contact us today.
What Is Google’s Featured Snippet?
Google’s featured snippet is a highlighted article that Google has ranked as the most helpful answer to your search. Featured snippets were primarily developed for mobile users to help them more easily and effectively navigate their search results. Not all search queries will have a featured snippet section. Instead, you may find a ‘others commonly asked’ section, or Google will simply begin listing the search results.
Google’s featured snippet result matters to businesses. Having the number one search result spot is great, but users are most likely to click on a link that Google suggests is most relevant. Not only will having the featured snippet spot increase your click-through-rate, but it will also tell you about what your audience is searching for which can inform your future content and marketing approach.
How To Target Content To Be Featured On Google’s Featured Snippet
Google’s featured snippet spotlight is kind of elusive. There is no formula for how you can land this spot. There is also no way for you to pay to have your content featured as the featured snippet. This makes the featured snippet more trustworthy, as it increases the chances of the information being provided in the featured snippet being accurate and helpful to the user.
Although there is no exact way to target the featured snippet, there are a few steps you can take to ensure that your content meets Google’s standards, which will ensure it is eligible for the featured snippet position:
- Make sure your content is informative: Google is only going to publish content in the featured snippet location if it actually answers the question being asked. If your content skips around the question or isn’t informative enough, Google won’t see it as valuable.
- Don’t publish thin content: Ensure your content is longer than 400 words in length. The more information you include, the more informed you appear on a certain topic which can boost your chances of being featured.
- Make sure your website is optimized: In addition to ensuring that your content is optimized, ensure that your website is optimized using good SEO practices so that Google doesn’t penalize you as this can decrease your chances of being featured.
- Include internal and external linking in your content: Linking reputable sites in your content can help increase your website authority and show that you are knowledgeable on the topic.
- Write content that answers commonly asked questions: Be sure to always research relevant keywords that users are searching for and that bring users to your website so that you can ensure your content is seen as relevant by Google.
Contact Boston Web Marketing For Professional Marketing Services
At Boston Web Marketing, we understand that Google rankings matter. If you’re searching for ways to increase the online presence of your business, the marketing specialists at Boston Web Marketing can help. Our team of experts will work with you to evaluate your business goals and create a customized marketing strategy to help achieve them. To get started, contact us directly today by calling 857.526.0096 or filling out a contact form online.