How Do I Embed a Map Displaying Multiple Locations onto My Site?
Embedding a map onto your site allows potential customers to easily locate your place of business. If your business has just one location, embedding a map onto your site requires you to first enter your business’ address into google maps. Google maps will then display your business along the left-hand side of the screen, with a pinpoint of your business inside the actual map (see right). From there, just hit “share” and then choose the “embed map” option. Paste that code into your site and then you’ll have a nice, clean-looking map on your site.
It’s a little bit trickier if your business has multiple locations, however. If your site has multiple maps on the front page to display each location, it’s going to lessen your site’s visual appeal and likely confuse potential customers. The best option, then, is to embed one map showing each location. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to this URL: https://www.google.com/maps/d/?hl=en_US&app=mp
- Enter the name or address of one of your business location. When it displays your location, click on the pinpoint and hit the ‘+ Add to Map’ icon. Continue adding each location until all have been added (see below).
- After adding all your business’ locations, hit ‘share’, located below the title of your map. Upon hitting ‘share’, it’ll ask you to name your map. Make sure your title is fitting and appropriate, as this will be visible when you finally embed your map.
- Once your map has a name, it’ll give you the option to make your map either private or public. Make sure you set it as ‘Public on the web’, or else this won’t be visible to any of your site’s visitors.
- Next, hit the vertical ellipses located to the right of your site’s name. A dropdown will then display, where you will click on the ’embed on my site’ option.
- Finally copy this code and embed it onto your site!