For most of us, we write blogs weekly to promote our brand or business across the Internet. We generate the content and optimize it with white hat SEO, but it’s still not getting the attention we want. One of the best ways to show off your blog is by posting it to various social media platforms. Below, you’ll find tips on improving user engagement and spreading your content.
- To increase the reach of your blog post, include hashtags when posting on social media. They are a great way to expand on engagement, shares and followers. While hashtags are effective, you need to make sure you’re using them correctly and not overdoing it. If you’re using an unnecessary amount of hashtags, followers are more likely to not read your post. Choose hashtags that are relevant to your blog topic or theme.
- For a couple of dollars, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter all offer paid campaigns to increase the reach of your blog post. With paid campaigns, you’re able to choose which post to promote and target it to specific people. Specifics include behaviors, demographics, interests and events. This helps target people who will find your blog post most relevant or interesting. When choosing which post to promote, choose one that will create the most engagement from your followers.
- By sharing your blog post in Google+ communities and LinkedIn Groups, you’re opening your post up to like-minded people. You can find groups on these two platforms that are relevant to the topic of your blog post. Make sure that the post is applicable to the group so you don’t come across as ‘spammy’.
- Depending on the social media platform you’re posting to, there are different times to post that will affect the reach and engagement on your blog post. While your users might have similar interests, the social media platform they use will vary. There are many articles that give a general time to post, but there are also tools to use.
- On Facebook, use the Facebook Insight portion to see when your followers are online. Use this to see when your followers are most active and post your blog around then to reach your best engagement and reach.
- There is a tool from Moz called FollowerWonk that gives you a thorough report of your Twitter interaction. Unfortunately, you will need to have a Moz account to access this helpful tool.
Next time, instead of just hitting the share button, think about Boston Web Marketing’s suggestions and increase the engagement to your blog! For additional suggestions on promoting your brand or business through blogging, contact us at 857-526-0096.