Besides from having a lot of organic content on your website, having plenty of images on your site is another factor that helps drive organic traffic through search engine image results. It’s important to know how to optimize your images properly so you have a positive outcome on your website.
- For user experience, choose images that are directly related to your topic and articles, make sure your images are good quality ones
- Try to use free images from a variety of websites, also when searching on Google for images, make sure you set Usage Rights to “Label for Reuse” instead of “Not filtered by License”
- Describing your image in the Alt Text section is extremely important, Google can’t see images but it can read them which is why you should always fill out the alt section
- It’s important to have the right image size, sometimes when an image is too large it can increase the page-load time and affect your rankings on search engines
- To add a little extra detail, you can add a description and caption to your images
These kinds of details can go unnoticed, however, it’s important to take the time to make sure you are using your website images in the correct way.