While working with email marketing, it is important that you establish relationships with your email subscribers. This can be a tough task to accomplish when your email subscribers are running busy lives and don’t have time to read emails that are poorly designed and irrelevant.
So, how can you create an email that will stand out in any busy person’s inbox? Here are 5 easy steps you can follow to guarantee an increased open rate.
- Perfect your subject line. Although it is a very important key in an email, don’t lose sleep over it! Simplicity works best. Create a subject line that will instill some curiosity into the reader.
- Stay relevant. If your reader is busy and has no reason to open your email, chances are they won’t. In order to get them interested in what you have to say, it’s your job to clearly articulate why you’re reaching out in the first place.
- Don’t be a robot, speak to your readers like the humans they are! The goal of email marketing is for readers to take action, which is why you need to relate to them on a personal level.
- Remain professional. It’s okay to feel comfortable with your subscribers, just make sure that you are still using an appropriate tone.
- Show your appreciation! This speaks for itself. Show appreciate to your readers for subscribing to your list by sending a thank you email or a fun giveaway!