Search Engine Optimization Overview
SEO, or search engine optimization is a tricky thing. You want to rank, but how? What’s the best way to rank for SEO? Everyone wants to rank, and people will tell you different ways or you can search for ways to help your website rank higher. Let’s go over some top things you can do to help your website rank on Google and other search engines.
What to do to help with your SEO
- Have a URL that makes sense. If you have a URL for dog training, but your website is all about SAT prep classes search engines are smart and will know that you aren’t being truthful and will be penalized.
- Make sure your website isn’t slow. This plays into user experience because people are impatient these days. So people won’t want to wait for your website to load and will most likely leave the website. This will reflect poorly on your website’s ranking.
- Your website needs to be mobile responsive. The majority of people are doing their searching on their phones or tablets, so if your website isn’t responsive to view on a phone, search engines will dock your ranking for that.
- Include links on your website. This will let you guide people around your website, keeping them on your website longer, and hopefully getting more conversions.
- Add anchor text to your links to provide people with information on what they are clicking on.
- Make sure you have all your business info. Hours of operation, how to get in contact, information about your services, and a clear call to action, aka what you want the person visiting your website to do.
How fast does SEO take to work?
One thing to keep in mind is that you have to constantly work at it and can’t expect your ranking to improve overnight. You have to make search engines trust your website and provide your website to users.
We understand that SEO is hard. It’s hard to know what to do, and why. We work at SEO daily, and stay up to date on trends. If you have any specific questions or would like a free consultation, contact us today!