If you are on your SEO journey, you are well aware of the ranking algorithms and factors Google has in place. Reading up on the multitude of factors can be daunting if you are just starting in SEO. It can certainly be overwhelming, from page speed to metadata to the images on the page. Luckily, to start, you can focus on a few key ranking factors to apply to your company’s website to help you rank higher on Google for your targeted keywords.
Follow along as we go over the most Google factors that matter the most so you can rank higher.
All website pages, including service pages, blogs, and service area pages, must have high-quality content in order to rank at all on Google.
To rank higher on Google, the content on your content should:
- Be new and original: Google flags content that seems to be a duplicate of your own or from other websites
- Have keywords, but not too many; be sure to keep your content manageable, as Google will lower your rank for this.
- Be clear and specific; in order for Google to rank you at all, it must understand what your page is about. Be sure that your content is concise and understandable for both Google and users.
- The sweet spot for content is 400-500 words; pages or blogs that are too short or too long in content could be lowered in rank.
- Fresh and up to date; be sure to update your website with new, fresh content regularly.
Incoming links from other websites, or backlinks, are one of Google’s top ranking factors. However, not all backlinks are the same. Ensuring the websites you are backlinked on are quality, trustworthy, and relevant to your services is essential.
Page speed is crucial for both user experience and Google rank. You do not need to try to break speed records with how quickly your website loads, but it is imperative to ensure that your website speed is prompt and meets the standard for page load time.
In a study done by Statista, they found that mobile devices accounted for 63 percent of organic search engine visits. This proves the importance of focusing on your website’s mobile friendliness to improve user experience and your Google rank.
Work With SEO Professionals
These are only a few of the many factors that determine your rank on the Google search engine. To enhance your SEO strategy and rank higher on Google and across search engines, your company may consider working with a specialized SEO team like ours at Boston Web Marketing. We are constantly up to date with the latest search engine ranking factors and SEO strategies. For more information, give us a call today or fill out our online contact form!