The Google My Business team announced that a new feature has arrived for business owners to use for their Google My Business pages. This new feature offers users the ability to view videos right on the business page dashboard. Business owners can view videos added by customers and upload videos about their business for searchers and customers to view online. Owners can add videos by going to their business dashboard, clicking “photos” and then clicking “video” at the top of that photos page. From there you can either drag and drop a video or select one from your computer, and after it is uploaded, it could take some time for the video to show in searches and on the profile itself.
The maximum length of the videos that can be uploaded is 30 seconds. When an owner decides to upload a video to their Google My Business profile, it can take up to 24-hours for it to be visible on the business listing in Google Maps or search results. One concern is the fact that customers can upload videos about the business which can lead to spam or inappropriate videos being used to ruin a reputation of a business. However, Google announced that merchants will soon have the ability to flag inappropriate videos to ensure quality content is being shown.
Here are some quick facts about this new feature that Google has stated:
- Videos will appear in the overview tab of the Google My Business Dashboard.
- Customer uploaded videos can be found on the “customer” tab.
- Owner uploaded videos can be found on the “by owner” tab.
- All videos can be viewed together on the “videos” tab.
- After upload, it could take 24-hours for the videos to appear. Once live, they will display where local photos are currently showing.