Facebook’s publishing platform is now available to the public for anyone who publishes content on Facebook. The social media giant stated that publishers of any size can publish content on Facebook through Instant Articles. To some, Instant Articles have been a great success in having their articles being reached to the public. For others, however, they have no idea what this platform even is.
What are Instant Articles
- Instant Articles is a publishing platform to create fast, interactive articles on Facebook.
- Instant Articles make its so any article published by a publisher is loaded instantly on mobile devices.
- These certain types of articles are marked with a lightning bolt.
- Within the articles, videos automatically play as you scroll through the article as well as pictures within the article become more interactive. You can tilt your phone side to side to view different parts of a photo after tapping the photo.
Benefits of Instant Articles
- 20% more articles are read if they are Instant Articles.
- 70% reduction of abandoning the article once clicked on.
- 30% more shares compared to average web articles.
- 10 times faster loading time than average web articles.
In addition to these statistics, Facebook has stated that over 100 million publishers have signed up for the program. Facebook relays that Instant Articles provide an overall better reading experience for users. As this platform is now open to more publishers, Facebook has partnered with a few companies to help facilitate the creation of these articles.
Such partnerships include:
- Adobe Analytics
Facebook also stated that with Instant Articles being public, publishers can now use this platform to publish branded content. This is in accordance to Facebook’s new policies on branded content.