Installing conversion tracking on your website is an easy way to analyze how well your site performs to convert traffic into leads. Google Analytics goals makes it easy to track anything from who places an order, who creates an account to who fills out a contact form.
An easy way to track who fills out your contact form is to create a ‘Thank You’ page. Have your contact form automatically forward to your ‘Thank You’ page after each successful submission and Google Analytics will track all the visits to that single page.
Here’s how you set it up:
We recommend using Contact Form 7 plugin in WordPress because it is a light weight plugin that won’t slow your site down
1. Create your ‘Thank You’ page.
2. In Contact Form 7’s additional settings, enter this code: on_sent_ok: “location = ‘https://www.yoursite.com/thank-you’;”
*replace the URL with your own ‘Thank You’ page URL*
3. Log into your Google Analytics account and navigate to Admin>Goals (under ‘View Profile’)
4. Click ‘Create a new goal’ and select ‘Custom’ and click ‘next step’
5. Name your goal and select ‘Destination’ under type. Click next
6. Enter your ‘Thank You’ page URL in Destinations and click ‘Create Goal’ You will now begin to track all the submissions you get from your contact form.
By: Tony Fong