Google has placed a higher importance on your listing and we will go into more detail about what you need to do for your business and why a Google My Business listing should be included. Your goal is always to grow your business, get new clients, and by utilizing and controlling your Google My Business Page – you are one step closer to getting there.
Why are people using this feature more?
- People turn to Google to make buying decisions
- People are searching on their phone now more than ever
- People see a snapshot of your business in one screen
- You are able to see reviews
- You can call or get directions to this business with one click of your finger
Steps to Ensure Your Google My Business Page is Filled in
Small businesses are relying more and more on Google to guide them on what they should be doing to get found online. There are a few key pieces on what to make sure is correct and up to date on your Google My Business listing.
- Create an account for your business, & make sure you claim it. This way Google knows you are an established business and what your services are.
- Verify your business. Whether this is done via phone or physical mail – it is important to be claimed so that you can control the page.
- Completely fill out your page. This includes having the correct hours of operation, phone number, address, and connect this to your website if you have one.
Keeping your Google My Business Listing Complete
Once you have a complete listing, it is important to keep it relevant. It’s important to update hours with holidays. Have a special? This is a great place to post it. Also, post any great pictures that showcase your business. Lastly, always make sure you are following up and responding to reviews. If you are unsure on how to get positive reviews on your listing, read more on it with this.
When you are utilizing your listing to the fullest, you are telling Google that they should give your business as a result when people are searching for something you offer. You are providing Google with more information about your business so that they can deliver the best results to their consumers.
Have more questions about Google? Check out what Google’s Search quality ratings are.