If you own a local business, these facts might convince you to spend a little more time focusing on your marketing efforts and local SEO.
1. Local Searches Lead 50% Of Mobile Visitors To Visit Stores Within One Day – This means that local searches have a direct impact on in store traffic. It’s easy to see why you would want to rank highly in organic searches.
2. More Than 60% Of Consumers Have Used Local Information In Ads – When consumers search for local businesses, 60% of the time they will include city or zip code in their search. It is important to optimize your content to cover the service areas you want to reach.
3. 88% Of Consumers Trust Online Reviews As Much As Personal Recommendations – Your online reputation is arguably the most important aspect of your online presence. Great customer service will help your business flourish by word of mouth and online reviews.
4. Business Address/Location Is The Primary Piece Of Information Sought By Local Searchers – Your potential customers want to be able to get directions and find you easily. This may seem like common sense but we’ve come across a lot of businesses that have little or no online presence.
5. 18% Of Local Mobile Searches Lead To A Sale Within One Day – This means that if you are on top of SERPs, you get first dibs on consumers that are in the final stages of the buying cycle. Their wallets are out and they are ready to buy!
6. 50% Of Mobile Users Prefer A Mobile Browser To A Mobile App – A BrightLocal study revealed that half of mobile users prefer using a mobile internet browser to mobile maps (40%) and mobile apps (only 10%). If you have not already optimized your mobile site, you will see a significant drop in your mobile search results.
For more information on local search optimization, SEO or mobile friendly website optimization, contact Boston Web Marketing!