Keyword research is at the core of any SEO strategy in order to better understand how to improve your search ranking. If you’re not using the right keywords, this could lead to less website traffic, customers, and most importantly revenue.
Here are a few ways you can research the best keywords to get found for and how to increase your website’s traffic using the right keywords.
- “Searches Related to…” This is a great way to find other related keywords. Just type in your target keyword and at the bottom of the search results page, users will find relate searches. By utilizing this method, you’ll be able to find more longtail keywords that show content more specific to your original query.
- Keyword message boards. Message boards help users find answers to their queries in a communal environment. Query forums such as Quora and Answers.com and Yahoo Answers are great tools to use to find your ideal audience, and find out what users are searching for.
- Google Trends. Google Trends is another tool that provides content based off of popular queries that pulled in the most engagement within the last 24 hours. Users can search by category, which provides a user-friendly experience to find content that’s relevant and timely.
- Google Suggestions. Google suggestions are based on real content that lives on the Internet by connecting users with the content they might be looking for. As a marketer or a business owner, this is helpful to you because it shows what already exists and the niches you work with. If your site’s doesn’t have content that would appear on Google’s suggestions, this is another opportunity to find new content to write about.
- Check out your competition. This should be a no-brainer. Are there sites in your niche that you think perform well or you would like to mimmic? If you want to rank higher than your competitors, you have to check out their content. See what kind of keywords they are ranking for that will help you provide your audience with better content.