The new year is almost here and we all know what that means. New goals, new visions, and new ideas all related to trying to take your company to the next level. If you already do content marketing, It’s time to open up the spreadsheets and check how your website and social media are doing so you know what needs improvement and what’s working best. Let’s take a look at some of the things you should be reviewing in your content marketing strategy!
Five things to review in your content marketing strategy:
- Website Performance
- Paid Traffic Performance
- Search Query Performance
- Social Media Performance
- Content Marketing Performance
A thorough marketing review gives insight into what’s working well, what isn’t working, and what needs to be prioritized for the remainder of the year. Important content marketing aspects you’d want to go over include your website analytics and social media analytics.
Ten year-to-date performance questions to evaluate:
- How has your website traffic, organic and paid, been performing?
- Are there site crawl issues such as unavailable and error pages?
- How are your website goals and conversions tracking?
- If applicable, how are newsletter sign-ups or the volume of contact forms improving?
- How has mobile and tablet traffic performed on your site?
- What are the highest converting keywords?
- Where do users click the most on your homepage?
- How effective has social media been to drive referral traffic to your site in comparison to previous years?
- How is social media reach improving?
- How much engagement does your website content receive such as social shares and comments?
Compare your website analytics year to date, and look over your analytics from the previous year to note any dips or increases in impressions, clicks, and rankings. By answering these questions, you’ll be better able to better understand how your company is performing online?
The biggest question you have to ask when evaluating your brand’s online presence performance is, “How effective are my efforts?” Now is the time to research innovative ways to market your company and the services you provide so that you can successfully market them throughout the upcoming year. If you need help marketing your business, contact Boston Web Marketing at 857.526.0096!